Welcome to Sleep Solutions Northwest, where Dr. Stuart Rich offers dental solutions to snoring and sleep apnea that will help you and your bed partner sleep better and dramatically improve the quality of your life. In fact, they can save your life. Snoring may seem like something to joke about, and nothing more than a nuisance to your bed partner. It’s true that someone who shares a bed with a snorer can lose an hour of sleep every night. In some cases, they are even forced to sleep in another room, with a resulting loss of intimacy and closeness. However, it can lead to even more serious concerns like obesity, high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, heart failure, depression, loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, diabetes and even sudden death. A recent study indicates that over 85% of heart attacks occurring between midnight and six AM are connected with sleep apnea.
There are treatment options for snoring and sleep apnea that are very effective. Sleeping in different rooms or using ear plugs are not suitable solutions, and they certainly don’t address the damage that sleep loss can have on your relationship or general outlook on life. We offer an alternative to the CPAP machine that has been effective for tens of thousands of people. Oral appliance therapy with a mandibular advancement device is a solution that will help you both sleep quietly and with better quality. To learn more, please contact Sleep Solutions Northwest today to schedule your consultation.
• Pre and day-of appointment screening questions to determine infection risk.
• Hand sanitizing gel and masks for all patients immediately upon entering.
• “No touch” infrared forehead thermometer check before treatment.
• Social distancing protocol and ‘sneeze guard’ shields at the reception desk.
• Medical-grade HEPA filtration units for sanitation of the air we breathe in the office.
• PPE for clinical staff includes a gown, gloves, mask, eye protection and a face shield.
• Disposable sterile single-use clinical instruments are utilized wherever possible.
• Reusable instruments are packaged and sterilized in an autoclave before being returned to service. Delicate reusables are soaked overnight in a hospital-grade sterilant solution.
• Our autoclave is tested AT LEAST weekly by an independent microbiology lab to confirm that our autoclave is working properly.
• All exposed patient chair and work surfaces are sprayed and wiped down with a hospital-grade disinfecting solution that kills viruses and bacteria between patients.
• High-touch areas like computer keyboards, mice, headrests and chair arms are covered with single-use disposable barriers that are replaced after each patient.
• New Mandibular Advancement Devices are disinfected twice: by the lab after fabrication and again in our office before delivery to a patient.